To submit a request for a deferral of your final exam, the following steps are required:
- Download and complete the Final Exam/ Assignment Deferred Standing Agreement (DSA) form.
- Gather any relevant supporting documentation. Health issues will require an Attending Physician's Statement.
- Log in to the Deferred Exam Request system using your Passport York and complete the online form.
- Upon completion, the form will issue a ticket number. Record the number at the top of the DSA Form.
- Submit the completed forms to the School of HRM (Atkinson, Room 150) no later than one week after the missed examination to request approval for deferred standing. Please ensure to keep a copy for yourself.
- Log in to the online system to check the status of your request as well as the location, date and time of the exam.
- Should you be unable to write your final examination or complete the outstanding course work by the deadline specified on the approved DSA form, then you can submit a petition for an extension of deferred standing to your home Faculty provided you do so immediately (this is subject to your home Faculty's submission deadline). If your home faculty is Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, you must meet with an academic advisor prior to submitting an academic petition or appeal.
For LA&PS students, please follow the instructions on this site to meet with an advisor.
For students in all other faculties, you may find information on submitting academic petitions from this site.