Deferred Exam Request

Please note that a new system has been implemented to facilitate the processing of Deferred Standing Agreement Forms. In order to request a deferral of your final exam the following steps are required:

  1. Download the DSA form from the Registrar's Office web site, complete it with all of your data and attach the documentation to support your request, keep these paper forms and documents with you;
  2. Access the School of Human Resource DSA system by clicking on the link above and login using your Passport York ID and password and complete the online form;
  3. Once you have completed the online form, a ticket number will be issued, please copy that number in the top right corner of the paper version of the DSA form that you have already completed in step 1;
  4. Bring the paper DSA form with supporting documentation to the main office of the School of HRM, room 150 Atkinson within one week from the date of your final examination
  5. Check the status of your request in the School of HRM DSA system, once approved make sure to take proper note of the location, date and time of the exam;
  6. 48 hours before the scheduled exam check the School of HRM DSA system to confirm the location, time and date of your deferred exam. We also encourage you to check the DSA system again on the day of your exam for any last minute changes.
  7. Should you be unable to write your final examination or complete the outstanding course work by the deadline specified by the course director on the approved Final Exam/Assignments Deferred Standing Agreement form, then you may file a petition for an extension of deferred standing to your home Faculty provided you do so immediately (this is subject to your home Faculty's submission deadline). If your home faculty is Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, you must meet with an academic advisor prior to submitting an academic petition or appeal.

For LA&PS students, please follow the instructions on this site to meet with an advisor.

For students in all other faculties, you may find information on submitting academic petitions from this site.